Many people are asking how to cut potatoes into wedges. Today I will certainly reveal to you how to cut potato wedges in a step by step guide.
Potato wedges are best served as appetizers or snacks and also homemade ones are way far better than store-bought potato wedges.
In this guide, I’ll share the very best technique you can use to obtain those ideal potato wedges. I utilize this technique every time I make either baked or deep-fried potato wedges. Follow my step-by-step guide below and let’s start cutting.
Before we get to it. Did you know that Potatoes include significant quantities of fiber? Fiber assists decrease the overall amount of cholesterol in the blood, thereby lowering the danger of cardiovascular disease.
No matter what you are cutting safety and security is more crucial. The very first action is to shield your non-cutting hand by developing a bear claw.
I know this feels strange at first however it’s to secure your fingers and also aids you to have a good drip of the potato.
A good cook’s blade is the leading device in the kitchen, it has a good weight and a smooth blade and also you can cut anything with it.
In order to hold your knife effectively, you need to grip the base with your forefinger and also your thumb.
If you squeeze the base with your index finger and thumb and also wrap around with the remainder of your fingers you will have overall control of your knife.
How to properly store potatoes
You could have heard people claiming the best means to keep potatoes is in the fridge, believe me, this is bad in all for potatoes.
Potatoes do not do well with refrigerator temperatures they prefer temperatures between 40 ° F and 50 ° F (5 ° C to 10 ° C).
The most effective means to keep potatoes for the long term is to keep them in your veggie shelf or a cabinet. Ensure you remove them from the plastic bag.
Here’s what you can make with these Potato Wedges
There’s a lot of recipes you can make with potato wedges, these are the recipes I have enjoyed:
- Baked Potato Wedges
- Fried Potato Wedges
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Roast Chicken with veggies
- Large potatoes. Wedges are perfect when made with large potatoes.
- Cutting board
- Chef’s Knife
Video on how to properly Cut Potatoes into Wedges
Watch the quick recipe video below to see how easy it is to cut slice potatoes into wedges.
A stepwise process on how to properly Slice Potatoes into Wedges
- Using a large chef’s knife 6.5” to 8” cut the potato into half.
- With the cut side facing down on the cutting board half the potato again. Now you have four potato quarters.
- Now flip the 4 quarters of potato and cut in the middle to create your perfect wedges. (”It might not be necessary to carry out step 3 in you have potatoes less than medium size.)
That’s it, perfectly cut potatoes in 3 simple steps
- 2 Large Potatoes
- Using a large chef's knife 6.5'' to 8'' cut the potato into half.
- With the cut side facing down on the cutting board half the potato again.
- Now flip the 4 quarters of potato and cut in the middle to create perfect wedges.
Cut relative to the size of your potatoes or as your recipe suggests.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 30mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 7g
FAQ and Tips about how to properly cut potatoes into wedges.
- Can you freeze these potato wedges?
Yes, the majority of the time I bulk prep. I cut these up and soak them in salty ice water for thirty minutes to eliminate starch as well as throw them in the fridge freezer in a container or plastic bag. They are constantly ready when I need them.
- Which potatoes are the best?
It depends upon what you are making, for baking and also frying select a waxy potato with thin skin like Russets, yellow or red potatoes.
- Slice your wedges evenly so they cook or bake even.
- Arrange the wedges evenly when cooking or baking.