Homemade salsa is the best, trust me once you try this homemade bell pepper salsa salad you’ll never get it from the store again.
This salsa salad is incredibly easy and tasteful. Just dice different colored bell peppers together with onion, tomato and cilantro and toss them in a bowl and you good for seasoning. How easy is that?
This delicious homemade salsa is an alternative to the classic Mexican salsa. It’s fresh and crispy perfect for those tortilla dippings. One thing I know for sure that it will rock and can’t wait to try it out on are tortilla wraps.
It’s also great as a side salad, sometimes I see myself with a fork and just digging in, that’s how great it is.
Table of Contents
What to serve with this homemade bell pepper salsa salad
The are any ways you can enjoy this salsa, by far I always use it as a side with either baked or grilled meat that’s if I don’t just devour it as it is, which i do almost all the time. You can try it with:
- Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
- Taco chips
- Tortilla wraps
Ingredients – what you’ll need
- Red tomatoes. I used round tomatoes, Romain tomatoes will also be perfect for this recipe as they are less juicier and more flashy.
- Yellow tomatoes. Lemon boy or any kind of yellow tomatoes that will make your salsa colorful.
- Bell peppers. Green, yellow and red will make your salsa a true Mexican classic.
- Red onion. Brings in a different color to our salsa
- Coriander Leaves. Bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- Olive oil. Combine these flavors with extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper. To taste
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
Video on how to make bell pepper salsa salad
Watch the quick recipe video below to see how easy it is to make this homemade bell pepper salsa salad.
Step by step on how to make bell pepper salsa salad
- In a large salad bowl mix all the diced vegetables. Drizzle olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
That’s it, enjoy!
- 1 Cup Yellow Tomatoes. Diced
- 1 Cup Red Tomatoes. Dices
- 1 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper. Diced
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper. Diced
- 1 Cup Green Bell Pepper. Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onions. Diced
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves. Roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil. Extra Virgin
- 1 Tsp Salt and Pepper.
- In a large salad bowl mix all the vegetables. Drizzle olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate before serving, best served cold.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients.
FAQ and Tips about this homemade salsa salad recipe.
- How to make a vegetarian version of it?
This salad is purely vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
- How long can you refrigerate homemade salsa?
Fresh homemade salsa can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator, its possible to stretch it out to a week.
More similar goodies
Shop recipe products
If you liked this recipe please do share and leave a comment down below. We would love to hear how you made it even tastier!