Home made crispy baked potato wedges make a terrific alternate to chips. They’re simple to make and taste delicious.
You’ll like this recipe for added crispy baked potato wedges. These have a crisp as well as golden skin outside and also are completely tender within.
Have you ever before given your potatoes an ice bath? By letting them take in cold water for half an hour, it draws out the starch, making the completed product extra crispy.
One more thing to help them appear crunchy is ensuring the wedges are set out in an even, solitary layer on your baking dish.
Table of Contents
How to store potatoes
So exactly how do you recognize which potatoes are best for the recipe your making? If you’re making potato wedges, you’ll intend to choose a great size Russet potato.
Russets are a high starch potato that will certainly be light and fluffy inside when baked. This makes for exceptional potato wedges, steak fries, or conventional fries.
Russet potatoes are the very best choice for potato wedges, both for their texture as well as size. Their thick skins and starchy flesh guarantee wedges with a crisp skin and fluffy inside when baked. Due to the fact that russets are bigger than other selections, they likewise produce larger, longer wedges.
Buying russets that are similar in shapes and size is more vital for the recipe.
The most effective means to keep potatoes for the long term is to keep them in your veggie shelf or a cabinet. Ensure you remove them from the plastic bag.
What to serve with Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
I like to serve them with various items depending on the mood. Over scrambled eggs with some hot sauce is great. You can make mustard, mayonnaise, or greek ranch as a dipping sauce. Or you can go the classic route and serve them with your favorite classic burger. Here are some of our recipes you can try them with:
What you’ll need for these Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- Russet potatoes. Cleaned and cut into wedges. Yukon gold are also perfect for wedges.
- Olive oil. Extra virgin for more flavor and health benefits.
- Garlic powder. Baked garlic powder is the best flavorant.
- Smoked paprika. Gives the potatoes a smoked flavor.
- Salt and ground black pepper. To taste
- Rosemary. Herbs boost any potato and make it more flavorful.
- Cornstarch. Cornstarch makes the best crispy fried or baked food because of the high amount of amylose they contain.
- Fresh parsley or chives. optional for garnish.
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
Video on how to make Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Watch the quick recipe video below to see how easy it is to make Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
How to make Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- The primary step is to scrub your potatoes until tidy, then cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half again lengthwise to make quarters.
- Soak potato wedges in ice-cold water to remove excess starch, this is optional but highly recommended for that extra crisp!
- After you have actually cut all of your potatoes wedges and soaked, it’s time to layer them with flavor. You can place the oil as well as spices with your potatoes in a dish and toss them well till coated.
- The following action is to bake your potatoes at a high-temperature level up until crunchy and also browned. Garnish with parsley and serve!
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, cleaned and cut into wedges.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or chives, optional for garnish.
- Pre-heat the stove to 400°F/205°C. Line a sheet frying pan with aluminum foil.
- Soak potato wedges in ice-cold water for 30 minutes.
- Place the potato wedges in a mixing bowl and add, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper, and cornstarch. Toss the wedges around until well coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and fork-tender.
- Garnish and serve!
- It is very important to keep the wedges in a single layer, if you load them on top of each other they'll become soggy, and also they will not have that crunchy brown outside that we're gunning for.
- Potato wedges are best served warm from the stove.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 483Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1093mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 7gSugar 3gProtein 7g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients.
FAQ and Tips about Crispy Baked Potato Wedges recipe.
These are the tips that have helped me each and every single time when making these crispy baked potato wedges.
- Oven placement is key to getting well cooked and browned potato wedges. For instance, if you have not observed, each time something is placed in the bottom shelf of the oven, the bottom will cook way faster than the top normally causing it to brown your food. Moving your sheet baking pan to the middle and broil to finish them off will save you a lot of time with little to no effort. For these wedges, you will complete them off on the top shelf straight under your griddle so they obtain well gold brown and crunchy skin.
- Use sufficient flavoring, this is a personal choice but flavoring well your potatoes is a differentiating factor between the best and worst potato wedges. Salt your potatoes quickly after they come out of the oven so the salt will certainly stick to them! Add your parsley last for a pop of color and included flavor.
- Make sure you use sufficient oil, you require a good amount of fat to get a crispy appearance. Because I only utilize olive oil, I am not afraid of utilizing too much due to the fact that I know it is healthier than a lot of oils. Coat your wedges generously so they do not stick to the pan and so they brown well.
- How to make them crispy? Corn starch is your answer to that, it is wonderful at crisping food. Do not hesitate to sprinkle some onto your potatoes before you cook them! The result will certainly be a crispier, crunchier wedge. you can also soak your cut wedges in chilly water for thirty minutes. This is a wonderful top restaurant trick! This will certainly get rid of added starch. Make sure to remove any kind of excess moisture before seasoning and baking.
More similar goodies
Shop recipe products
If you liked this recipe please do share and leave a comment down below. We would love to hear how you made it even tastier!